Tuesday, December 20, 2005

On being a domestic lesser deity

The last several days have been a flurry of baking, fudge making, present wrapping, and gift card creating. Martha Stewart - watch out!

I'm actually exhausted from all this holiday cheer. But most of the gifts are bought, I only have about 40 or so left to wrap, and no matter what does or doesn't happen, it's all over in a week. If only I didn't have this morning's traveshamockery trying to get a parking ticket dismissed. Let me tell you, I'm a big fan of government. I've worked for government, I've worked with government. But sometimes, as in the case of a certain administrator at adjudication services, government at it's most local incarnation is frightening to behold. After watching two brilliant specimens ahead of me get their tickets dismissed (actual excuses: "I didn't know I had to get a permit" and "I wasn't parked in a handicapped space"), whereas I, with a specific citation of the city's code and a copy of a ticket dismissal that another person received in a similar situation, was denied. I believe that said administrative judge took an instant dislike to me based on my nice clothing and suburban address. Or perhaps she hates Volkswagen drivers. Either way, I've been doing a slow burn all day long.

Now if only I can get this freakin' cat off my lap so I can get to bed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home