Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Erma's ghost

I have been a huge fan of Erma Bombeck ever since I was a teenager. How unhip is that? But I'm a sucker for humor in all its forms, and she was laugh-out-loud funny on so many levels. However, now that I'm a mom, I find myself not only appreciating her writing on a whole new level, but also recalling bits and pieces in the course of each day. For example, when I drive past a cemetary near our house, I remember her talking about finding a house with the perfect neighbors -- but that there aren't too many houses between two cemetaries.

Today I was reminded of this gem: "There is nothing more miserable in the world than to arrive in paradise and look like your passport photo." Eight days to Paris, one more magazine to get out before then. Looking like my passport photo will be a step up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home