Tuesday, December 21, 2004

The life of leisure

It's 8:15 a.m. on the Tuesday before Christmas and here I am, relaxing in bed. Ahh...the life of leisure. I just want to thank my daughter for being so thoughtful as to GIVE ME HER COLD, so I can lie here feeling crappy, emptying out the contents of a tissue box while coming dangerously close to deadlines at work, last minute shopping remains to be done, and my house has to be relatively clean for my parents' impending visit this weekend. Who says toddlers are selfish creatures? They share so well...

Actually, I do have to say that this phase seems to be getting easier. Or else, I'm just getting used to the constant chaos and neediness.

Turning the dials on the stress meter, Sears still hasn't gotten me our portrait greeting cards. They were supposed to be ready by December 8, in tme for Hanukkah. It is now December 21. If I don't get them in the mail tomorrow, they're going to be New Year's cards. The people at our local Sears portrait studio are clueless, and the people at their national customer service are nice and apologetic, but haven't delivered on their promises. Next year I'm doing my own effing cards!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home