Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

It's almost 6:00 p.m. on Mother's Day and I've finally had a chance to sit down and relax. It's my third Mother's Day with DOM, and I'm still not sure what the day is all about. Mr. MOM says it's a day to spend time with my daughter, my mom says it's a day to spend time with her, and all I want to do is to spend time with a good book and a long hot bath. There's a nagging part of me that tells me such feelings are me being a bad mother. I wish I could ignore them, so I'm taking my usual tack - doing everything, but doing it all half-assed.

This morning I took DOM to a rockin' Ralph's World concert at a local club. This afternoon I had DOM's favorite babysitter come over so I could go to Mr. MOM's choral concert. And now I've parked her in front of a Dora DVD so I could sit down and relax for a little bit before going out to dinner.

Maybe next year I'll be able to escape to a spa for a half a day. At least the feelings of guilt will be drowned out by the whirlpool jets.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone who is a mother and to everyone who has a mother!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home