Monday, November 01, 2004

A friendly word of advice

Today at lunch, I saw yet another person walking down the street in a miniskirt and Ugg boots in 70 degree weather. I wanted so desperately to stop this woman and say, "For the love of all that is holy, stop this madness now!" I grew up in the 1970s and 1980s and have my fair share of cringe-inducing outfits documented on film, and I just want to spare these innocent fashion victims the heartache and embarrassment that will be visited upon them looking back at their ridiculous get up ten years from now.

I went to college at a beautiful coastal campus in California. One woman I knew, who was a Grateful Dead fan and who lost a toe in a biking accident, wore Uggs all the time. Yes, they're comfortable and cozy. But unless you live in Manitoba or International Falls, Minnesota, for the life of me, I cannot see how they can be considered practical or attractive. Sure, they claim that the insole acts almost like an "air conditioner" in up to 80 degree weather. But I just ain't buying it. And I'm not alone.

Ugg-philes, come talk to me again in ten years. You'll see what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home