Thursday, November 17, 2005

Bipolar weather

Yesterday morning's run went well. Or, as well as it could, as I dragged my aching body through the pre-dawn half-light (I thought yoga was supposed to make you feel BETTER). It was 64 degrees - shorts and t-shirt weather - and quite pleasant. My running partner and I put in our three miles with all of our body parts still attached. However, tomorrow is another thing all together. As of right now, the forecast is for temps in the 20s. So, we've gone from southern California to International Falls in just two short days. As an asthma sufferer, I'm guessing tomorrow will be a challenge to my lungs. As a person who truly dislikes cold weather, tomorrow will be a challenge to my body. And, as someone who truly values her sleep, tomorrow will (as always) be a challenge to my brain.

The trick to being a "serious" runner is not what you do on the nice days. It's what you do on the really crappy ones instead. At least, that's what I tell myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home