Thursday, January 27, 2005

Just when I thought I couldn't get any angrier

This makes me so freaking mad, I am ready to go ballistic. The so-called Department of Education deciding what is and isn't appropriate for *my* child to learn? THIS is yet another reason why I voted for (and gave money to) Kerry. Grrr.

PBS's 'Buster' Gets An Education (washingtonpost.com)

Children have gay parents. Children all around this country have gay parents. Having gay parents doesn't make them sexually confused. Exposing other children to families that have two mommies or two daddies (especially preschoolers, who by and large are children who have not yet learned about the birds and the bees) will not increase their confusion over gender roles or identities. The only thing it may do is show them that some families may be different than others, but as long as children are loved and nurtured and treated well, it doesn't make one whit of difference how many moms or dads are or aren't involved. Differences exist in this country, and by hiding them you are not only sending a message to your own child about worth in this society, you are also perpetuating an atmosphere of intolerance that is destroying the fabric of our nation. Perhaps I shouldn't let DOM visit any more "red states" - I'm afraid she'll pick up their narrowmindedness and intolerance.

(Please excuse this week's ranting and raving. I promise to be back to being nice, happy MOM once I get my Valium prescription refilled.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home