Friday, July 30, 2004

It only LOOKS bad

Way back when I was just a young know-it-all, parent to none, I would look at friends' children who were forever showing up with assorted bruises and scrapes and wonder how they could get injured so often.

Now I know.

Each week, DOM has found a new and interesting way to bruise, cut, or scrape herself. Last night, while playing outside with a babysitter, she fell on our front walk, scraping up the entire right side of her face. Apparently, she didn't cry - she just popped right back up and continued playing with the bubbles. If it were me in that situation, I probably would have headed straight for the emergency room.

This morning, it looks pretty bad, but doesn't seem to bother her. I just keep looking over my shoulder, waiting for a visit from Child Protective Services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home